NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cocoon nebula and part of B168

peter shah

I take it you've got the other part of B168 ?

Nadeem.

Nah unfortunatly......im going to try and get some more data for this field first, i also need to do make a bad pixel map for the for these frames so i can reduce the noise in the dark areas....... i will be doing a reprocess in the next few days;)

many thanks for all the coments

I managed three lots of data now on this one....I think ive been looking at it for too long now! The star field is very rich so ive done more of a star reduction than i usually do

the exposure times were 15x612s in red, 15x420s in green and 15x533s in blue

the noise level in the faint areas is much smoother, but im still getting these clusters of bad pixels.....the bad pixel map doesnt seem to match very well...i may have to read up on it.

any comments welcome

thanks peter

post-17181-133877456724_thumb.jpg

A very nice Cocoon Nebula but it is the wonderful star colours that really caught my eye.

Mine too. I also like the way you have colour in the dark dust and the fact that the presence of thinning dust either side of the main lane is evidenced by the golden tinge of the stars on its border. I haven't seen that before.

Olly

Mine too. I also like the way you have colour in the dark dust and the fact that the presence of thinning dust either side of the main lane is evidenced by the golden tinge of the stars on its border. I haven't seen that before.

Olly

i noticed that too while processing :)

Archived