Col Douce

Hello everyone my name is Colin, I have been keen on astronomy since I was a small child and I have had a couple of scopes in the past, only recently I have been trying my hand at astrophotography with my lxd55 10" I haven't had much sucess as yet as the light pollution is quite high where I live and the scope isn't very portable.

I have just been down to Essex to purchase Ian Candler's setup as it is ultra portable so I will be having a play with that as soon as possible!

I am undecided about keeping the lxd55 or not going to try a few more shots with it first with the new toys I have just bought then I will make my mind up.

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

Col.

Thankyou everyone, I am going to test the setup tonight, hopefully I can get a good picture of Comet 2009R1 McNaught as it makes it's way towards us.

It looks like I might not be able to see the comet tonight as it will be more or less behind the houses opposite from us, I will have to go out on Saturday night and try then once I find a decent spot.

sat outside with a bottle of cider with the scope pointed at the moon and tracking perfectly. now to get some pictures!

Archived