Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Jupiter from 2010/2011 season

riklaunim

My first Jupiter images. DMK21, SCT 8". Baader LRGB amateur set + Astronomik Pro Planet 742. I wanted to use Basler Ace but FC wasn't playing nicely and I hadn't much time.

IR-RGB f/10

ir-rgb.png

R-RGB f/10

r-rgb.png

B-RGB, f/28

28b-rgb.png

Was getting to bright, or slightly out of focus, or just DMK could not handle f/28 (f/20 optimal).

And a 3-frame GIF:

fauaz5.jpg

Stacked AVIs were started at:

I: 3:36:00

II: 3:37:20

III: 3:38:33

He spins fast, doesn't he? :D

What you didnt get in scale you made up for in sharpness, especially that first shot showing some nice cloud structures.

I occassionaly go low in scale when the seeing just will not support higher power, which as we know is often.

I think the challenge is going to be, getting steady air, and upping the powers to about f20, but when jupiter rises to 38" degrees soon, im hoping i will be able to reach about 10,000 mm FL with some sharpness if weather is kind. But its early days for that. for the time being its just a matter of time that a nice f20 shot becomes possible in the uk, or even higher. Not long now and the funs really going to start. Can i ask how you manage to get cameras for review, or did you buy these. Sorry im just a little confused

One again like those f10s Nice work

Was getting to bright, or slightly out of focus, or just DMK could not handle f/28 (f/20 optimal).

Either focus, collimation, or seeing I expect. It is usually no problem to push the f# much higher than you could visually, and the histogram isn't clipped so it's not too bright.

BTW the image is not too bad for one this early in the season:icon_salut:

Some nice images there mate.

The DMK can handle F28 no problems.... I imaged the moon at F60 which was tough, but F45 was OK, very unforgiving with seeing though.

Ant

Archived