NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Got a package from China

The Warthog

I was walking out to my car this morning, on my way to work, when a red van pulled up at the end of my driveway, and a nice man popped out and said he had a package for The Warthog. I took it from him and tossed it into the trunk, knowing full well that it was my diagonals and adapters for my refractor. The nice thing about getting a package this way is that Mrs. W didn't find out about it.

I got to open it later in the day. The vendor sent me a very nice 2" diagonal, a 1.25" diagonal, a 2" to 1.25" adapter, and because he wasn't sure if I know what I was bidding on (!) he sent me a 1.25" to 2" adapter, as well. The lot cost me £39.67, including delivery. Well, if I ever get a 2" ep, I can now put it in my 1.25" focuser on the Newt.

I hope the weather will clear later this year so I can use this stuff. I got in on eBay, BTW. The gent goes by cnhot, and I highly recommend him as a vendor.

• 4 weeks later...

I just received 5 Plossl EP's from him. Delivered in 12days from China. Packaging was very good. Everything bubble wrapped. The EP's in thier individual bolt cases also had bubble wrap to keep them secure. The EP's themselves say 'series 500' Dont know if these are any good or not :) But when sticking them in my 8" scope during the day (Still too cloudy here in Edinburgh :)) The view was pretty good. I would definitely recommend this ebayer and have added him to my fav sellers.

BTW Does anybody know anything about these EP's?

From what I've read the Chinese have made huge steps forward in the quality of their optics over the last 10 years and most people who have bought these EP's are happy enough with them but, as in everything else. you get what you pay for.

I have a series 500 26mm Plossol, and I am very pleased with it. I got mine from Surplus Shed, when I order my Meade 4.5" Mirror set. I actually ordered the 25mm Kellner, but due to them not have any in stock, they very kindly supplied me with the Plossol instead, at no extra cost. :)

At £38 for 5 eyepieces, I would say thats "cheap as chips"

Andy

Andy,

You have a Series 5000 Plossl - much better.

Hi Steve

If you are referring to the eyepieces that came with the Skywatcher scope, then you are correct. The series 500 Plossol I got inplace of the Kellner, I got from Surplus Shed about 2 years ago. Its not a bad eyepiece considering what I paid for it.

Andy

Archived