Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium runs backwards...!!?

Can anyone answer this one?

Installed Stellarium on the home laptop and it seems to be all out of kilter. It's dark when it should be light and visa versa. Planets also appear to be out of position (it thinks Jupiter should be high in the south at about 10:00 at night !!

Checked all the times and everything else I can think of.

Check your system's time zone settings. Also make sure that you have entered your location coordinates correctly (the foolproof way is simply to pick a location from the list).

Also, for locations in Stellarium that are in a different time zone than your computer's time zone, you need to compensate for the difference manually.

• 6 years later...

............reviving an old thread, but my Stellarium was inverted yesterday, sky down, earth up, so I uninstalled and used ccleaner, rebooted, re-installed, and now Stellarium has reversed, East is  now West. .
Probably some simple issue, but not seeing  as to why at present, and my second attempt to correct the issue, any ideas?

W7/64bit

Sorry Dave that doesn't fix my situation, however, I have ccleaned, checked for malware and rebooted, and all is fine for now!
The  arrow controls do allow me to navigate, but I prefer the mouse, but could not understand why my sky at first was upside down, then have my Stars setting in the East?  I'll wait till the next time, see if it does it again, though not the first time for the inversion of sky down, Earth up!

I'm wondering if you (or the program) accidentally activated the flip option.

If you go into the Configuration Window (left hand menu or F2), then into Tools, you will find a check option to bring up two flip buttons which appear on the bottom menu allowing you to reverse the screen N-S and E-W.

Archived