NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Williams optics EPs

Hi all

I have been informed by my boss that I have been awarded a prize of £100 for passing an exam with a distinction:headbang:

I would like to put this money towards a new eyepiece/eyepieces now this is where my dilemma begins...:D

My main interests are planets (already decided on the SPL 6mm for this one) and DSO's. Now do I buy two SWAN's or do I treat myself to the UWAN?

I have the skyliner 200p dob if this helps.

Get the UWAN or the Nirvana (same eyepiece) as they are much better optically than the SWANs. The SPL is as good as the UWAN for sharpness and contrast but with just a 55 degree FOV and does make a great planetary eyepiece.

John

Congratulations on the award !.

Another vote for the UWAN / Nirvana's here - they really do perform well - the 16mm is a really useful focal length.

Thanks everyone

UWAN's it is:D

Is the 16mm the best one to start with?

Lepus

Well I'm assuming that the 28mm is over-budget and the 7mm would be too close to your 6mm SPL so that just leaves the 16mm or the 4mm. I suspect the 16mm will get by far the most use :D

Archived