Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Newbie Here

buba

Hi all ,just to say hello and to say ive found the bug and now spend many an evening in my back garden with a pair of 10 x 50 binos.

Dont Know what im looking at most of the time but im learning ,hope to get a telescope later this year.

have a good evening all from sunny Birmingham uk. ;)

Buba

Hi Buba and welcome to the group ;)

I'll echo use of stellarium if you wanna know what you're looking at. Also carte du ciel, and skyviewcafe I find useful (each in their different ways). All free to download!

Hi Buba,

A very warm welcome to SGL, try the free program TUBA from the author Philip S Harringtons web site, Astronomically engineered star maps especially made for bino users, print them in colour or black on white, lots of info and things to see, hope you enjoy the forum.

John.

Welcome.

I'm a newbie in here too.

If you have an iphone, for a couple of quid, you can download GoSkyWatch which works kind of along the lines of a celestron skyscout.

Or buy one of those planisphere discs which should be one of the first things i think everyone should have in their kit.

Enjoy!

Archived