Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from sunny Suffolk

Dreek

Hi there,

I've just joined the forum, had a look around and it looks really active and useful. So it's a pleasure to be here.

About me? OK, I'm a (somehow still) married 50-year old design engineer at a major international electronics engineering company, based in Bury St Edmunds. I head up the reconnaissance systems product line; been there for 23 years. So I'm more used to pointing optics at the ground from the air on high speed military jets than I am at looking skywards. However, since a kid I've always been fascinated with the night sky and the cosmos.

I run a small recording studio (ravenwing - home) from my home, and have been involved in the local music scene for nearly a decade. I'm in a comedy musical duet called trunkdog (Trunkdog).

And I'm just recovering from a (major) health scare, so I've had some time to think and I've resolved to keep the "list of things to do before you die" down to a minimum! So I'm interested in the universe, but I can't even recognise constellations or major stars - well that's all changing...

I've been out a few nights with my dad's 1970's Sasco 60mm refractor on a hopeless alt-azimuth tripod, seen the moon, seen Saturn (just about), armed myself with Nightwatch, Stargazing 2010, Stargazing with a Telescope and a Philips Planisphere. I've installed Stellarium on my laptop and... and...

A Skymax 127 on EQ3-2 mount delivery is due on Monday!!!!

VERY EXCITED! ;)

I've already joined the Skymax 127 community here on the forum and I envisage asking some very stupid questions in my enthusiasm.

Oops:embarrassed:, that's probably far too much for an intro.

Thanks for doing this; I've a feeling it's going to be very helpful.

Aw thanks for all the welcomes guys, that's really nice.

The SkyMax 127 EQ3-2 arrived a couple of days ago and I've already started with the stupid questions on various threads.

Thanks again; I'm enjoying it already!

Archived