Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

binoculars are fun for dogs

Gill Rockwell

Hi All,

new to the lounge as well as to stargazing...

after doing a few months of intense research on buying the ultimate telescope i decided for once in my life to take the word of advice offered and got myself binoculars .)

i went for the nikon sported EX 10x50 (yes, that's a roof)

initially i was planning to go for the action extreme 10x50 of the same make, but an irresistible sale offer signed my faith .)

no regrets, on the contrary, i think it's a great bino and i love it.

looking back at the few months of gazing, enjoy the ease of carrying them around and the flexibility using them, the relatively small investment and the natural feeling of first looking at the sky from a wider angle before plunging in deeper. it's easy to get lost out there i noticed .)

anyway, i can only add our dog is a happier person as well after getting the nikon; he's getting a LOT of night walks lately !

about the lounge: glad i found it, specially for the blog function. i'm not at all a blogger but i think i'll use it as a (very modest) observing diary.

anyway, feels good arriving here !

catch you later.

Gill

binos are great, i started out with a modest pair of 7x35's. :D

never looked through 7x35, kind of went for bigger .)

anyway, still amazed what i can see with 'just' binoculars !

i remember driving home in the evening the day i purchased them and stopping by the side of the road to have a look at orions belt, M43. amaaaaazing !

also remember coming across somebody on the net explaining how to do sketching, months ago that is. that somebody turns out to be you ! anyway, i'll be having a closer look at that later !

Archived