NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

And a big Hello from me!

derikp

Hi all! I've been looking in here for a while, and it seems the natives are friendly so here I am.

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a small boy (yes, it was a long time ago!) Living in Megawatt City (London to you!) means there isn't a huge amount of opportunity for stargazing although lying in the garden on a dark evening watching the satellites can be quite entertaining. Perhaps because of this my primary interest these days is astrophysics rather than observational astronomy, but I do own an ETX125EC which comes out of its case occasionally. Setting this up in the garden can be daunting as buildings and trees make finding reference stars for the Autostar difficult. I'm coming to the conclusion that what I really need is a good 80 or 100mm APO refractor without benefit of GOTO, traction control or built-in ice-cream maker, just a solid manual mount. I'll have to go and count the pennies...

Archived