NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hooray stellerium finally fixed

Hi dont know about you but the 03 version of stellerium just crashed all the time for me i thought i was going mad - now a 04 version and all is fixed hmmmmmmmmmmm !

Thanks stellerium :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep the 04 version runs a dream on all platforms,
Not on mine!

I'm running Vista and I can only get ver 0.10.2 without crashing. Have tried everything and given up now. What are the improvements of 04 over 02 & 03, anyway?

Not on mine!

I'm running Vista and I can only get ver 0.10.2 without crashing. Have tried everything and given up now. What are the improvements of 04 over 02 & 03, anyway?

That's strange, i've just had to re-install Vista on one of our PC's because the RC version of Win 7 timed out. So far Stellarium 10.4 is working without a hitch on 32bit Vista Home Premium.

Russ

Not on mine!

Not sure but the 03 version just crashed all the time for me

Not on mine!

Am I really the only one who can't get Stellarium 0.10.4 to work. ..... please, why won't it work ..... is it me?

..... I'll get me coat ......

Not on mine!

Luke,

I believe that Stellarium had a problem with certain graphics cards,ATI,I think.

The problem,from what I have heard, is now fixed.

Am I really the only one who can't get Stellarium 0.10.4 to work. ..... please, why won't it work ..... is it me?

Luke,

I believe that Stellarium had a problem with certain graphics cards,ATI,I think.

The problem,from what I have heard, is now fixed.

i have win 7 64 bit running xfire ati cards and it don't work for me.

jobe

Is it just the basic program you're having probs with or scope connection etc?

I've had no problem with getting Stellarium 0.10.4 working, but a nightmare trying to get it to control my scope. Then for some reason up in Kielder it decided to be nice to me and start working. :)

I think this might have had something to do with me downloading and installing CdC as a backup! :headbang:

The versions I'm using are as follows, installed in this order (although I'm not sure that it matters):

Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1

ASCOM Platform 5.5.1

EQMod V1.20h

Stellarium 0.10.4

Stellarium Scope 2010.3.8.34

This is all on vista 32bit business edition SP2 Dell Precision M4300 Laptop

I've managed to get the goto, n-point alignment and xbox wireless rumblepad all working now... :hello2:

just the Maplin GPS that won't talk to EQMod :mad:

I did uninstall all my astro stuff and also when putting it back i restarted between each piece of software

Oh, and I didn't mention all the COM port fiddling :evil6:...oh what joys!

HTH

Mike

Running 04 on a Nettop and netbook both with windows 7 Home Prem. Nettop has 64 bit and netbook 32bit. Runs great and no external scope control progs required with 04:hello2:

re the scope control I think you have to have it on com 1 or 3 and start stellarium after connecting the scope. stellarium scope isn't needed with 04 . Maybe there's a conflict?

I had many problems getting .3 and .4 to work, until i discovered that a config file had been left in an old location by one of those upgrades. I uninstalled, found and deleted the config file and reinstalled. Everything was fine.

I can't quite remember where the file was, but it think it was:

C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\stellarium

(windows 7 and probably vista)

I had many problems getting .3 and .4 to work, until i discovered that a config file had been left in an old location by one of those upgrades. I uninstalled, found and deleted the config file and reinstalled. Everything was fine.
Tried all that. Just had another go, deleted all previous versions. Nothing. Just opens (with no horizon, strangely) then crashes after a few seconds. Given up and going back to .2!

It can't be the hardware, as it's a pretty new and fast Dell laptop. Must be some sort of conflict with one of the other programs. Gone back to 02. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Luke,

If it wasn't that I had found a stellarium config file that contained a version=10.2 when I was actually on 10.3 or .4. I think that's why I deleted it.

Have a looking users/roaming/ for a config too.

Adam

Luke,

If it wasn't that I had found a stellarium config file that contained a version=10.2 when I was actually on 10.3 or .4. I think that's why I deleted it.

Have a looking users/roaming/ for a config too.

Adam

Thanks Adam. Just had a rummage around and have found a 'Stellarium' folder in the Users/roaming folder. Deleted it and, Lo and behold, 10.4 works now! Whoopee!

Thanks for that, and apologies for my stupidity!

Hi all

My pc has been out of commission for the past few months,so I have been using my PS3 to go on line. Tonight I am bask using my pc.running windows xp. I updated Stellarium 10.04 its running fine.

Can I ask which is better to use,regarding scope control,Stallarium or or the sortware I got with my Celestron cpc 925 in fact can I control my scope via Stellarium?

Thanks

Alan

Celestron CPC 925

Moonlite focuser (on the way)

Vixen LV 40

Celestron E-LUX 25

Televue Radian 18

Televue Nagler T6 9

Canon 1000D

Whenever you change versions or re-install stellarium - allways delete the config file before installing the new version. For some reason windows hangs on to it - whichever way you uninstall the current version - and it allways conflicts with the new one. Just one of those daft windows foibles I guess. :)

Archived