NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

April 2010 Sky at Night Hotshots.

barkis

Mmmmmm! Unless any of the following names are members of SGL, this is a barren month for our Imagers in the magazine, or CD Rom.

If any names are recognised, please post their SGL names.

Thank You.

Ron:).

-------------------------------------------------------

Martin Pugh

Tom O'Donoghue

Danny Williams

Gedas Vysniauskas

Trevor Nurse

Miguel Claro

Mark Bolton

Steve Allan

Paul Cannon

David Lewis

Keith Geary

Stefano De Rosa

Michael Forbes

Tony Garrity

Laurence Clark

Colin Williams

Mike Cook

Chris Baker

Philip Benger.

Paul Hardy.

Ron, when did your copy of S&N arrive? Once again mine seems to be later than others get there's. :)

It arrived at 10:15 this morning. I always seem to get an early delivery of this Mag. which is great.

Ron.;)

Did anyone notice that they are all dated 2009... during the last six months of 09...

Are you talking about the hotshot images?

I suppose 50% of them would have to be!

they do seem to work 'from previous months' but at least they seem to consider everything...

That said. i once had an image included on the cd rom only about 6 weeks after emailing the pic.

My recent inclusions all go back 4-6 months or more.

Steve

Something I have noticed about most months is a bias towards DSOs. The images are usually fanastic and must have taken hours to produce, both in the camera and computer, but just how many photos of M42 etc have we to look at ? Why can't there be a balance of DSO, planetary, lunar and other types ?

Peter

Something I have noticed about most months is a bias towards DSOs. The images are usually fanastic and must have taken hours to produce, both in the camera and computer, but just how many photos of M42 etc have we to look at ? Why can't there be a balance of DSO, planetary, lunar and other types ?

Peter

Why don't you ask them .....?

Peter

When we look at pics for Pic of the Week, there is generally a majority of pictures in the DSO board as opposed to the others, so I guess the magazine reflects what people are actually up to.

Cheers

Tim

Having a bad day Peter?

No not really but thanks for asking.... ;)

The "why dont you ask them" response... is because I think it would be interesting to see the response from the SAN Team so it would warrant a "letter" to the Mag perhaps... rather than trying to 2nd guess them...

i mentioned TomOD as being perhaps a member here, no-one has confirmed nor denied this

Paul, I had strong feeling you were right about TomOD being the Tom O'Donoghue who's Image was featured in the S@N Mag. April Edition.

So, I sent a couple of PM's and it turned out you were correct.

So thanks to you, The Identity was established, and Tom O'D Is now recorded in my book of who's who.;).

Ron.:)

Archived