Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VSC Mosaic 3 Panes of 4 hours each

A "little" project I planned last year but never got the weather to do anything with...

A Mosaic of the Virgo Super Cluster Region building around Markarians Chain.

Each Pane will be at least 4 hours deep in 300s subs @ ISO800 captured using my Baader BCF modified 1000D on the WO Megrez72 FFIII Combo...

So here's the result so far of the first 3 nights....

VSC%20Combine1+2+3%208bGS%20ES.jpg

Or as a Half full scale (4255 x 3159) 8 bit Greysacle tiff from here 12.8MB Download

Peter...

Cheers Craig the only question is whats going to be finished first ... the mosaic or myself... works goingto be fun today.. ah well got to get the Flats, Dark Flats and Bias before I do anything else ....

Then theres going to be some Red Bull drunk...

Peter...

I have 4 more Panes with either a nice sized Messier or NGC to do and then its the fillers I am hoping to be able to do it all to 4 hours+ but i think the fillers might be cut short of even be Captired at say 2 hours at ISO1600...

Then I have to do calibrated stacks of all the frames making sure I use the right calibration frames, try and process them all to a similar level in CS3 before registering, calibrating and combining in Registar ... then back into CS3 for some global tweaks and tidying up..

Peter...

I have been looking where to stop it... I have gone vertically up from the top left to get inaother 2 Messiers but only got 1 hour on it last night befor ehte clouds run in...

If I want to turn it into a regular rectangular mosaic its going to be 12 panes altoug I an tempted to keep it Jaggy... see how the weather hold up...

Peter...

SO far I have had 2 weather aborted attempts at pane 4.

To keep things simple I need to get all the data for each pane in a single night. The Gradients even with flats make it interesting but any misalignment in the same pane makes it a nightmare...

The only good thing is theres no nebulosity around as this is proving to be a nightmare in the other mosaic I am trying to sort out at the moment (jelly to monkey)

Peter...

Archived