Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings From Broadstairs

Alestrom

Hello to one and all on this forum.

I have been lurking here for some time, and I have gained some valuable advice and tips since I became (re-)interested in astronomy about a year ago, particularly as I quickly became interested in imaging after seeing some of the spectacular work on this forum.

As the weather is not looking too good tonight I thought it was about time I joined and thanked people (far too numerous to mention) for the various hints and ideas. This forum is a great resource, I hope I can add to it in time.

My imaging is still pretty basic but I am about to post my first attempts at 'proper' astro images in the appropriate places.

:headbang:

Hi and welcome to SGL

What are the Broadstairs skies like? I'm playing at the folk festival in August and my small refractor will probably be with me./

Not too bad I think, but I've not really observed from many other locations. I can see the double cluster in Perseus and Praesepe naked eye on a good night from my back garden.

If you can get down to the seafront the cliffs block a lot of the light from the town.

I usually take the Folk Week off work - what's your band called?

Archived