Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

So how do you do it ??

Space Bat

So how do you do it??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So how do you do it??

• Close one eye and use the other :huh:
    • I use a patch of some sort ;)
    • I use my hand over the non viewing eye :)
    • I don't use the eyepiece I use an imager :lol:
    • Other

I have recently figured out again the most comfortable way of viewing through an eyepiece....

I keep both eyes open but place my hand over the non viewing eye.

This has helped me relax the eyes to capture far more detail than trying to pin tight one eye and peer with the other...

Or you could use an eyepatch pirate styleee AAArrrrgghh

So how do you do it??

I use a binoviewer - far more comfortable more detail and more immersive views!

Another idea is to wear a hoody with the hood up. Not only does this cut down on any glare or light pollution it reduces your peripheral vision.

If hunting for really faint objects then i have to go into cyclops mode to pull out the last drops of light. I will then put a hand over my eye to avoid the distractions of looking at my feet!

On the odd occasion I actually look through the beastie, I keep both eyes open and just ignore one eye.

If there's too much light for some reason, which isn't the case in the observatory, I cover my head and the eyepiece with a black cloth.

Still keep both eyes open though.

Cheers

Rob

I just keep both eyes open. This is a habit I formed when doing regular photography, which allowed me to remain alert to anything going on outside the field of view of the lens. (OK so maybe I have multiple personalities each looking out of one eye (shut up, that's our secret:cool:))

Archived