Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

50mins on the Eskimo Neb

blinky

Bloomin clouds! Only managed 50mins in 5 min subs @F10 (2m)

Still pretty pleased though, the camera is still out taking Darks and tomorrow i will grab some flats and Bias as well..... So this is deffo a work in progress:) A very quick mess about with levels/curves in Photoshop to see what it looks like and now I am off to bed!

post-13107-133877427064_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colour is looking great Craig.

The bit of trailing you have though is masking the detail in the core.

I've imaged this at F10 with both a 10 inch and 14 inch scope, and I find that you can do it in 2 minute subs easily as it's a pretty bright object, just get lots of them to stack.

That way you'll get all the detail without having to worry about perfect F10 guiding.

Also, as the core is very bright, long exposures tend to mask this by making the central star quite big.

Cheers

Rob

When I first got into imaging, I had an alt/az mounted 10 inch LX200, and was limited to a maximum sub length of 30 seconds, and this was one of my first targets.

I think I did 21 second subs, but lots of them...50 or 60, and it came out fine (considering my lack of processing experience!).

The next bash I had was with a 14 inch LX200GPS@F10, and I did 50 x 90 seconds with an OSC camera.

This worked out just fine, and allowed me to catch the faint detail in the core too.

Cheers

Rob

I have got 40 X 120sec subs but as I am now too tired I have chucked them all into DSS along with the 300secs ones. I set it to the Max Entropy setting and will see what it looks like tomorrow....

I will also stack (tomorrow) just the 120second images to see how that looks so watch this space.

OK, Here is the final image. I took out about half the subs as I think they had a little trailing but now I'm not sure...... This image still seems to have misshapen stars, so it may not be the final image!

Anyway for now, here is a widefield and a closeup. I tried not to over sharpen as I usually do.

post-13107-13387742732_thumb.jpg

post-13107-133877427327_thumb.jpg

Archived