NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dalby Forest Starfest 2010 13th to 16th Aug

ako

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not long now folks, a repeat of last years 3nights of clear skies would be good.

the website is having difficulties, there are a few places left, i suggest u try emailing gwenfrangwernan@btinternet.com or mell@mjeffery.freeserve.co.uk for places.

for those arriving on the thursday evening ive been reminded to ask people not to try entering the camp area of the field to set up until after 5pm - this is a request of the forestry and we got into trouble for been lenient last year- there will b the marquee up and a few organizers tents up before that time thou

look forward to seeing u all. and clear skies to all those at other star camps over that weekend

matt

Hi folks,

Just wanted to wish you all a good time and clear skies.

I have been for the last 3 years running and thoroughly enjoyed every minute but unfortunately due to other commitments (a wedding of all things) I can't make it this year:icon_sad:.

I look forward to seeing you all next year along with my son Richard.

Hope you all have a great time.

Ron

P.S. Is it too early to book for next year yet:)?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great time all,i'll be hoping for clear skies for you all. We would have liked to attend but owing to health problems its a no go this time. Hoping fingers crossed to maybe rent a log cabin up there early november and take the telescope so looking forward to that...weather permitting

Have a great time all,i'll be hoping for clear skies for you all. We would have liked to attend but owing to health problems its a no go this time. Hoping fingers crossed to maybe rent a log cabin up there early november and take the telescope so looking forward to that...weather permitting

That's a good idea. Maybe we can have a mini-informal star party out of season, too? :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how come u didnt fancy it kev if you only live in scarborough?

it did rain for quite a bit of the time this year. there were some clear spells on the thursday eve with some of the meteors been bright enough to light up throu the cloud. i think monday had some clear spots late on also.

the field is well drained and didnt cut up- plenty of beer and a good time was had by all!

dates below for next years. unfortunately this year we had to turn away around 50 bookings as we were full, so if you plan on coming, book early! for those who came this year and enjoyed the hog roast, it is already well on with planning next years

matt

• 1 month later...

bookings now been taken for the 2011 Dalby Starfest,

Scarborough & Ryedale Astronomical Society

over 50 people didnt make it last year as we were over-subscribed (a safety limit applied by forestry i believe) so please book early to avoid disappointment. ill start another thread up with date details etc.

many thanks and look fwd to seeing some of u there

matt

Archived