Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A good night for viewing

Uranium235

I suggest everyone gets out here asap ;) its going to be clear all night ;)

Im out in the garden at the mo, things are tracking nicely.... and as a bonus - my neighbours security light has broken!!! Hohoho! A good night all round :p

Just getting my first ever few subs of M31 now before it drops behind the trees.

Happy hunting!

i mtotally with you on that 1, tonight is super clear but the problem is for me i cant go out :/ i have college early tomorrow morning and plus i didnt go sleep till 7am this morning haha and another thing thank god them security lights are poop, mine has broken aswell! ;)

Clear here in N.I. at the moment. The seeing conditions were better last night though. I`ve read Megrez, the star joining the "Dipper" handle to the er...dipper is a good yardstick to judge conditions by.Last night it was clearly visible ;) tonight, not so much so. Still, viewed 7 galaxies ( though i was a bit disappointed in a couple at the lack of detail i.e. grey wisp) and a few clusters. Tried out a new planetary eyepiece too and it`s working a treat. Saturn should be making an appearance around now so i`m off.

Good Luck to all out and wrap up well, ;)

will.

lovely night ere in dumfries, not a cloud in sight, blumming cold though, trying to get a good look at mars for the past 2 hrs, no luck though, max i can go is x130 and its to small and blurry with "light rays" coming from it, (dam thing) not sure if its my scope or ep's. its the same every night i look. but get a nice view of the orion neb with my 20mm and even my 10mm. more so Pleiades is always my fave so far..

Snow here in Carlton on Trent, had the scope out but have given up! Every time I take the cover off the cloud and snow rolls in! Guess what just spent 10 minutes bringing everything in by which time its crystal clear again. Can see more cloud coming so I'm off to bed!!

Superb here earlier (N Coast Northern Ireland), cloudless, excellent transparency, seeing fairly reasonable until about midnight but has now gone all smeary/wobbly - jet stream I think. Still remarkably clear & still though, little dew / rime ice formation either, -5C feels reasonably warm.

Sleep? When it's cloudy....

It was clear skies in Hampshire but with a strong wind. Scope was buffeted all over the place, couldn't get the scope to calm down. So gave up pretty quickly. Real shame as the glimpses i got looked good.

Was excellent viewing her in Newcastle-u-Lyme all night, I stuck it out until midnight despite the freezing conditions and cold feet, then needed a brew so went in as had to start work at 6am....

Got some great viewing of Saturn though, that's two planets now in two nights.....;):D:D

Cloud cover here tonight, which in some respects is good as I really need some sleep, I can't keep going to bed between 1-2am and being up for 6am to start work....

Love my new scope though James, thanks for that..... ;)

Andy

Cloud cover here tonight, which in some respects is good as I really need some sleep, I can't keep going to bed between 1-2am and being up for 6am to start work....

Andy

I need sleep too, been staying up till the wee hours then up again a few hours later, have a 2 week old baby at home now and our eldest son who is 2, neither want a lie in even though I'm on leave from work at the mo. So yes the clouds are welcome here tonight.

I need sleep too, been staying up till the wee hours then up again a few hours later, have a 2 week old baby at home now and our eldest son who is 2, neither want a lie in even though I'm on leave from work at the mo. So yes the clouds are welcome here tonight.

I know that feeling well, my eldest is 3 and he comes through in the middle of the night, and my daughter's coming up to 1 and the little madam will not lie in no matter how much you try to encourage her to.... Kids, don;t you just love them sometimes.... ;)

Archived