SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars 26th January - very good seeing

astroman001

For some reason, the conditions in mid sussex were the best I have seen for Mars. Visually I could see loads of detail at the eyepiece, so I knew I was in for a good session. I could see fine detail on the screen when focussing and during capture. I wish I had a bit more image scale.....

Here are a couple of images from the session.

regards

Peter

post-16528-133877423139_thumb.jpg

post-16528-133877423144_thumb.jpg

Really neat. I assume it is both your large aperture and the use of the DMK (instead of my SPC900) which gets you these good results (and the seeing of course).

Both 25 and 26 Jan were quite good over here in the Netherlands. Yesterday was a complete dud, but there are large breaks in the clouds now, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers and :)

Hi guys, thank's for the kind comments. The ghosting is I presume a processing artifact and was visible in the individual colour channels. The RGB alignment is good, so it must be something else that Registax introduced. An 'echo' of the bright limb?

regards

Peter

I sometimes get that ghosting too (with Registax 4 and 5). It seems to happen most whenever I have difficulties finding proper focus. Given the amount of detail, I doubt that that is the cause here. Sometimes it goes away if I reduce the number of frames selected to stack.

Just my 2p

Archived