SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomiser

adamsp123

• 4 months later...

I've just received a modded Canon EOS 1000d and pro power pack from Andy Ellis at Astronomiser.

I ordered the camera from Amazon, and had it delivered directly to Andy. The whole process from order to delivery of the modded camera to me took less than a week. You would never know that the camera had been stripped down - it's perfect - not even any paint chips on the black screws.

This is the second time that I've dealt with Andy and would thoroughly recommend his service and products.

Regards

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I contacted Andy at about modding my Canon 1000d. He came back to me straight away and told me he was going on holiday from today (Friday) until 3rd August but if I could get him the camera for Thursday (yesterday) he would mod the camera straight away and put it straight back in the post the same day.

Anyway, the camera arrived at my office at 8.25am this morning. I have bought a number of things from Astronimiser and the quality and level of service is always second to none.

Thanks for the great service Andy.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick post to say Thanks to Andy at Astronomiser.

Ordered 3 way Cig Adapter to Battery Terminal and a DC Power Convertor for the 450D, on Tuesday afternoon. They arrived for Noon today. Very impressed with the build quality and the service.

Excellent service mate.

Clear Skies

Pete

• 3 months later...

Some Pro's aren't just Pro's.They're blumming good pro's. They take care of our problems, they are caring when we call them from another country, they have time for us on the phone and they even respond to every inquiry email we send. And then... they mod our cameras in a lightning flash. Andy Ellis is one of those Pro's. His service is a rare and precious commodity nowadays.

I sent, from Portugal, my Canon 40D to Baaderize with Andy. 8 days after I shipped it to the UK, I had it back and ready to play. Incredible!!

So...I would like to publicly show my appreciation for Andy and Astronomiser for such an incredible and outstanding professional job.

Some very unique Pro's are the "real deal". Andy is on that very restricted group.

Thanks Andy and my you Baaderize many more cameras.

:):hello2:;):hello2::D:hello2::(:hello2::p:hello2::hello2:

Sincerely grateful,

Paulo Mesquita

Sintra

Portugal

• 1 month later...

Bought one of Andy's webcam cables from him, which was excellent quality and was quickly delivered.

What's best is that Andy spent a Omg time answering all my dies by e-mail, also very quickly, for £14 sale! Top bloke who'll be getting more business from me.

• 2 months later...

A big thanks to Astronomiser for the next day delivery of my camera which did arrive before 1pm the next day,just shows it can be done.

No extra postage charge for delivery to the Highlands,no "hidden" extras just "what it said on the tin"..as it should be.

• 1 year later...

After much consideration i chose to order a brand new baader modified Canon 550D from Andy Ellis Astronomiser, there are good reviews of his service and having purchased other equipment from him i considerd it a safe choice.

I had to wait two weeks for my camera because i ordered it just before i went on holiday and i knew i might not recive it untill i returned, i considered that this would give sufficient time for the mod to be carried out and any issues to be resolved before it arrived to me.

on recieving the camera it was quickly evident the the focus was not correct, in fact it appeared that the camera was biased to front focus, live veiw appear o.k but veiw finder shots were considerably out of focus.

I contacted Andy who listened to my opinions and suggested that the issue could be the lens i was using, i acknowledged that possibility but alas it turned out to be the sensor adjustment that was wrong.

The camera was returned and i waited for my camera back, not worried too much but my confidence had taken a knock.

The sensor was clean and it appears (notwithstanding the focus) that the modification was good, however the camera returned with the manual pop up flash button stuck in and inoperable, in addition the body screws appeared marked..too marked in my opinion, though i accept that some marks may be evident due to the nature of the work carried out.

My camera has now been returned to me and i'm relieved to say it's o.k

Andy has apoligised; refunded my postage costs and replaced a couple of the screws that showed the marks.

After speaking to Andy on several occations, i have told him that in my veiw the only issue i found disconcerting was what i considered to be poor communication, a view he acknowledged but stated that work committments had taken his time.

I retain my confidence in Astronomiser and consider the work done acceptable, it is worth noting that Andy offers a 12month warranty on his work; worth having in my veiw, i will continue to purchase from Astronomiser with confidence.

I just wanted to say that I ordered a serial cable from Astronomiser a few weeks ago, so I can take long exposure pictures with my Canon 20D DSLR. It works very well. It took around 3 weeks to arrive, but this was fine as Andy replied to an e-mail I sent and explained that he was waiting for a delivery from a supplier. I am very happy with the cable.

David

• 1 year later...

Been buying loads of little bits and bobs lately so thought I would continue posting reviews of my experiences with various retailers.

Purchased a cigar lighter to Canon 1000D power cable which is basically a cigar lighter male plug to what looks like a Canon 1000D battery. Good quality cable, feels very strong but the cable is not too heavy. Battery connection looks sold, the gluing is pretty tidy and the plug end has a really good quality feel. The prongs are nice and snappy and positive feeling so the socket grips it well and there is a little green LED to indicate power.

Great product, 2m cable version was £25.95 which is a great price for something I couldn't find anywhere else (Pentax makes one for my other DSLR but it's hard to find and costs over £100). Postage was reasonable at £5 and even though there is a warning about delays due to parts on the order page time from payment to receipt of goods was 7 working days. Great stuff.

Highly recommend this product and supplier.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived