Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Acouple of Mars shots from early this morning (21-01-10)

james335k

Hi everyone,

I had my first opportunity to image Mars last night. The seeing conditions were above average for this corner of the world (Dublin) I suppose. I was reasonably happy with the results. The equipment used was a Celestron C8 on an ASGT equitorial mount with my trusty DMK21AU04.AS with an Astronomik RGB filter set attatched. A Televue 2x barlow was attatched giving roughly an f20 image. The best 800/2000 frames were used for each channel. The final image was then enlarged slightly using photoshop. Hope you like. :)4293391616_ba90deaee7_o.jpg4293391370_f54d461716_o.jpg

Nice images!

clear skies with ground frost and fog. Promising imaging conditions.

Hmmm. Cloud here cleared at about 3am but the seeing was very bouncy, I thought maybe my scope wasn't properly cooled. Fog rolled in about lunchtime, I was trying to observe the sun & the seeing was awful - it was like the sun was playing on a trampoline! Now completely fogged out here (N Antrim coast) except when it temporarily lifts into low cloud. I hope you get better than that!

Archived