NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Country added to signature ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Lat/Long isn't much use. Sounds nice and technical but how many here know the lat/Long of in effect every major town/city in the UK?

Someone saying it is clear here at 53 deg 23 min N, 2 deg 54 min W. is really of little use.

A major town, nearby or actual, or the county is enough, all that is wanted is an indication to where the person is, not exact and full address.

Entering the coordinates into google earth takes litttle effort.

In a previous career I had to do just that, nice to see round drop on traget :) .

Jim

OS: Having a problem adding a signature, can anyone give me a clue, pretty please :eek: .

Top left, under the SGL Logo - Control Panel. Click. Select Edit Signature from the menu on the left

Hijack over :D

Oh how did I know this is how it would all turn out.... :) .

jim

On a serious note I would add that I do prefer it when I know where people are from as previously stated by others. Subjects such as 'clear here' and are there any local clubs to me etc can be a chore when you have to search through the persons post just to find where they live so that you can help them.

I do not think that it is a good idea to give to much info regarding the Lat Long because of security issues but agree that the name of the city is good enough.

Regards from Dave.

To be honest I put the Lat/Lon piece down as a bit of a tease. If I were to talk about or ask questions of the area I am in I would have the common sence to name that area. I have not checked the exact Lat/Lon in my sig block but I do hope it is the centre of the town and not my house, as I live on one of the sink estates here, which is about 4 mile from the town centre :) .

Jim

I put my lat/lon in my sig once and a fellow admin PM'd me with a picture (from google earth) of my house... :)

I'm not rural - so lots of houses in the same postcode as me.

Scary what you can find. I don't think that any more than county - or maybe town is needed.

Ant

From memory there's a flag hack for vBulletin, once implemented it enable a drop down in the CP with selected flags for the user to choose.

Its been quite a few years since I last hacked vBulletin so the newer versions might not support this hack.

I hope it is OK to have the name of my country in the colours of my national flag?. Its by NO means any kind of political statement. If it offends ANYONE or is deemed political by the moderators, PLEASE let me know and i will change it. I only did it cuz i can and i am as i have stated before elsewhere.................easily amused.

I hope it is OK to have the name of my country in the colours of my national flag?. Its by NO means any kind of political statement. If it offends ANYONE or is deemed political by the moderators, PLEASE let me know and i will change it. I only did it cuz i can and i am as i have stated before elsewhere.................easily amused.

No problem and it is much better that the blue you used for the rest of your signature, which makes it almost imposable to read.

Archived