Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Country added to signature ?

What does everyone feel about adding your country of some sort of flag to signature ?

I find i talk to people on here but dont know where they are from

I have added my country at bottom of my signature

Regards Daren

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that a location of some sort should be part of the displayed information. Not something stupid like planet earth please!

When reading/answering posts it is useful to have an idea of where the person is placed as it may be feasible to help or advise them a lot better.

Hang on though, does that mean someone will have to sort through all those old posts to put everyones location into the signatures...........???

No i think once your signature is changed it changes on all your post.

Admin please dont think im butting my nose in with this post its just a idea as its something i would benefit from knowing where people are when thet say they have clear skies and i dont

Regards

As the idea is to see where people are, and as this is an astronomy site where people set their telescope by their location why not show lat/long? :)

got it since first day onboard, i am to shy to say where i live, so i placed the coords instead of name at the location info in the profile.

greetings

Teo

Not a good idea to put your exact location with lat/long info else you might find that your kit might be on some tealeaf's shopping list.

Regards

Kevin

I was just thinking the same thing good point !

I would say Lat/Long isn't much use. Sounds nice and technical but how many here know the lat/Long of in effect every major town/city in the UK?

Someone saying it is clear here at 53 deg 23 min N, 2 deg 54 min W. is really of little use.

A major town, nearby or actual, or the county is enough, all that is wanted is an indication to where the person is, not exact and full address.

Archived