Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tonight 08/01/10

Pollux

Hi all...

Having cleared the snow at last! I am going to try for an hour or so tonight - in your opinion what would you try for with an Easterly view (should be able to get NE to SE at a push)

Thank you for your time and input...

Kindest,

Mark

Mark - astronomical twilght starts about 6.20pm tonight so looking East you have Orion, Taurus and Gemini all nicely placed. I am not sure of your experience but have a go at seeing M1, M35, M41, Eskimo Neb (NGC 2392), Rosette Neb + cluster (NGC 2237/2244). If you fancy Double/multi stars look at Sigma Orionis,Beta Monocerotis and Castor. That will keep you busy until your toes freeze off!!

Mark

:DThanks guys...

8" is now set-up, covered and ready for later...

Crab neb (M1) looks beautiful, I'll definitely spend some time there.

Can't believe how close together (not literal) M36, 37 & 38 are, fine targets all...

Thank you's...

...M

Mars will steal the show in the east tonight.

I have TRIED Mars over the last 3 nights an hour or so after it rises high enough and i have had NO joy with it. Now the moon is out of the way M42 is looking damn good. Taurus (seven sisters is FANTASTIC), The double in Perseus is a sight to behold.

My view is also pretty limited to the east.

Archived