NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi again

Cate

Hi everyone,

I'm originally from the south coast of England but now in Christchurch, NZ and got into astronomy when I lived in Auckland 2 years ago. We had fantastically clear skies there and the warm evenings meant I was always out there (mozzies were the only problem there!)

Since moving further south the poor old telescope has been relegated to the spare room, there are more cloudy nights than clear, and then having a baby didn't really mean I had a lot of time ;-).

But now I am ready to get it all out again, wrap up warm and learn what I have forgotten. And there is so much I have forgotten (not that I knew much in the first place), like using the equatorial mount properly for a start!! So I appologise in advance for all the silly questions I'm going to be asking in the near future. But it is nice to be back again.

Cate.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone.

Sam - we've been blown to pieces down here! It's brought all the cloud with it too. I got 2 nights of viewing M42 and now am sitting around waiting for a night clear enough to go out again. I saw your post the other day about it - I can't see the colours like you did, but it's good to know that the view is good from here when you can get it.

Archived