Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Belated Introduction

Hangar34

Hi all,

I feel a bit bad and somewhat rude because I jumped in with some posts asking for advice recently before properly introducing myself. So, here's a belated introduction...

My father has recently purchased a Sky-Watcher 130P AZ GOTO and has kindly allowed me to borrow and use it whenever I wish - which at the moment is nigh constantly :D I'm impressed with the quality and optics of the 130P, so much so that I am considering purchasing my own in the new year.

I am a complete novice when it comes to astronomy, although over the years I have come to know the names and positions of the major constellations and planets from using Stellarium and just observing. My interest in using a telescope is to investigate the myriads of other deep sky objects and views that can be had. I apologise in advance if I ask some ridiculously obvious questions or am caught asking repeat questions that have already been answered - I promise to make use of the forum search facility first though!

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope I can add something useful to the forum.

Best regards and happy observing,

Steve

Hello Steve and a warm and belated welcome to SGL!

Ask away with your questions. There's always someone here who will have an answer. And someone else who might agree! :D And please don't be concerned about asking what might be obvious to others. It's the only way to learn

Steve

Archived