Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Might be nothing but....

Moonshane

I have put in two wanted ads and have received a reply to my second one this morning. The wording was as follows:

I recently received my Skywatcher 300mm Dobsonian telescope which i bought from an equipment company a month ago.....

I can recall that they informed me that they have two more of these same telescope for sale....

You can contact them if you are lucky, they may still have it in stock....

You can reach them: foukenns_groupcompany@rocketmail.com

Baldwin.......................

I thought mmmm.....that sounds familiar and I had the following response in relation to my other ad (from a different email address):

I recently received a vixen RA motor for my Vixen GP mount which i bought from an equipment company a month ago.

I can recall that they informed me that they have more of these same RA motors for sale.

You can contact them if you are lucky, they may still have it in stock.

RANDALL ......................

I contacted 'foukens group' and got the following reply which made me slightly nervous so I took it no further:

Hello.

We hereby thank you for your mail concerning the RA Mount.

Firstly.. Where did you find us and how did you know that we have these RA mount for sale?

These are new original Vixen MT-1RA motor drive for GP mounts which comes in its original boxes.

This motor comes with 12 months warranty and we do sell each of these RA motor at the cost price of $155.

The above cost price includes shipping via DHL courier service which their estimate duration of delivery is 3 to 4 days.

Kindly furnish us with your contact delivery address, phone number and the quantity you want to purchase inorder to prepare an invoice for your purchase and also prepare your package for postage.

Pls do not forget to let us know how you got in contact with us.

Regards.

FOUKENS EQUIPMENT COMPANY

No.830,Donggang West Road,

Lanzhou, Gansu Province, 730000 China.

Tell: +8615989141719

Now this may be nothing and just coincidence but I find it strange that two apparently unrelated parties would response to my adverts with exactly the same wording so I would recommend caution and further due diligence before buying form any unknown online source.

I have not put the names of the people that emailed me in case this was just coincidence.

Cheers

Shane

Here's are the emails I received.

I recently received my Starlight Xpress SXV H16 mono CCD camera which i bought from an equipment company a month ago.....

I can recall that they informed me that they have two more of these same CCD cameras for sale....

You can contact them if you are lucky, they may still have it in stock....

Baldwin......................

Hello.

We hereby thank you for your mail concerning the Starlight Xpress CCD Camera.

Firstly.. Where did you find us and how did you know that we have these CCD Cameras for sale?

These are new original Starlight Xpress SXV H16 mono CCD camera which has 75 x 100mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. 16 bits data format, CCD image arear is15.15mm (Horizontal) x 15.15mm (Vertical), weighs 400g, comes with its user's manual cables and in original box.

These CCD Cameras comes with 12 months warranty and we do sell each at the cost price of $3000.

The above cost price includes shipping via DHL courier service which their estimate duration of delivery is 4 to 5 days.

Kindly furnish us with your contact delivery address including phone number inorder to prepare an invoice for your purchase and also prepare your package for postage.

Pls do not forget to let us know how you got in contact with us.

Regards.

FOUKENS EQUIPMENT COMPANY

291 Xijin Rd Qilihe Lanzhou

Gansu Province, 730000 China.

Tell: +8613794406494

Notice how the address of the company has changed from the initial post.

Archived