Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello, just joined minutes ago !

Dave Surtees

:) Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the site, I have recently returned to astronomy, having last had a telescope as a child. Boy things have moved on or What!

I currently have:-

Supercharged Meade RCX 10" (DSI III) on superwedge, Focal reducer, Versa Port Slider & Philips webcam with piggyback ETX 90 guide scope (DSI).

I also have a 8" LX200 GPS with a flip mirror and (DSI mono) which I can transport in a GMI case to dark site locations in the Lake district.

It all sounds OK but all I need to learn now is how the heck I use it all to its best potential. (Yes it is a serious struggle) I am trying but boy is it a steep learning curve.

So again Hello All - Any advice greatly appreciate (Please keep it simple)

Best Regards

Dave Surtees

Hello, and welcome to SGL Dave. You have some fine equipment at your disposal there, and a Meade fan I take it.

You must live in the North, as you mention the Lake District as a viewing venue. I live in Carlisle myself. and I have the 12" LX90, on a superwedge sited in a Roll off Roof Obsy. I have not used it other than for observation up to now, been far too busy with other things.

Loads of help here, so just fire away with any questions you have.

Ron.:)

Welcome on board.

As you can see from my Signature I also run quite a lot of Meade stuff!!

Other than the ETX90 as a guide ( IMHO the ST80 is better - wider FOV and lighter) you have an excellent selection of equipment to choose from.

All you need now is a spectroscope (!!) and the kit is complete.

Good luck with the shopping, although we have no Astronomy establishments in Carlisle unfortunately.

I hope the recent floods didn't impact you too much, Been a nightmare out west.

I have a good friend who lives in High Seaton by the way:D.

Small world it is.

Ron.

Archived