NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from the Isle of Wight.

Numpty

Well you can all guess what bought me here :)

I've a little history with star gazing when living in a bedsit above a second hand shop some 25 years ago. In the window was a huge telescope that attracted my interest and with a run of removable skylights in my digs I couldn't resist.

The fond memories of having a single crater fill the lens and watching it pass by are with me today and probably why this latest Geminid shower has attracted my interest.

Photography is my love right now and having had some success in local competitions am thinking that expanding my knowledge and experience into astro photography can only benefit me. I've little knowledge of this other than what I quickly researched 30 minutes before packing up last night and driving to the nearest high point, so it is a huge relief to see that you have a broad and active imaging resource area.

Archived