Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EEEEYUP from Yorkshire

SlipperySquid

Hello all :icon_eek:

After yearning for a new hobby I fell upon the ever changing world of Astronomy and thought I'd give it a go.

From my very first outings into the world of lenses and cold nights I remember getting hold of my first Tasco refractor at the age of about 12 and trying to catch a glimpse of Mrs Duggins from number 23 walking about her bedroom in the alltogether.

Obviously I'm now older and wiser and have realised that it's not all about magnification, so I've got hold of a 6" relector which is giving me a much better insight into Mrs Duggins nightly goings on...anyways I digress!

As the title so aptley states I'm a Yorkshire lad and I'm reventuring into the night sky watchers club and thought I'd pop on here and bug you all for information and free shiny things to attach to my scope :hello2:

Currently have a 6" reflector and hopefully tonight looks clear so I'll be able to get "First light".

Only problem I'm having at the moment is the finder scope is cheap and very hard to align...so I'm looking to go down the red dot route (possibly a telrad?).

Well I dont want to bore the lot of ya anymore...So hello from me to you !

Hiya Slippery,

Yorkshire lad miself originally.

I'm sure many people on here will be willing to offer you advice on spending your money, gives us something to do when its cloudy.....:icon_eek:

Also best regards to Mrs Duggins

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

I'm currently located in Hull, and I'm in the process of getting my familly members to buy me astronomy related goodness for Christmas.

One thing I would ask though, can anyone give me an idea of which book to purchase in which to teach me the local sky candy and start hopping etc?

Using stellarium on the pc but need that info down on paper so I can stand in the garden and use it to refrence!

Also recomend me a good red dot finder :icon_eek: as I previously wrote, I'm strangely drawn to TELRAD'S!

Thanks.

P.S. If it's clear skies tonight I'm gunna have a bash at polar aligning my EQ mount, which incidently doesnt have a latitude scale on it as the bloke I bought it off lost it! is this really important?

Archived