Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I guess the skelescope works

Quickly zapped and even more quickly processed from tonight. I'm regarding these as tests as I really need to deshinyise the frame and put a lightshield opposite the focuser to get the contrast up.

image.jpg

M51

image.jpg

M81

image.jpg

M101

Going to bed now as I am working again tomorrow (that should be banned, it's a pain in the ) and the moon is goading me through my office blinds.

Tired but happy CC tonight.

CC, Nice work on some tough targets...you have some detail captured there in the spiral arms...Glad to see you got out....WORK is a four letter word.... :D But, it pays for the toys....

Doug

OK now that I'm concious again, some details.

'Scope is homebuilt 12" f/5.3 Newtonian mounted on an EQ6 with goto sat on a temporary homebuilt tripod.

Camera is an SC3 modified webcam.

Antares X0.5 focal reducer and CLS filter fitted.

20 subs of 20 seconds each in K3CCD

Gain about 25%

Taken from my very light polluted observing patch next to my garden around 1AM 14/7/06

Darkframes somewhere on the HDD, need to sort these later.

Captain Chaos

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I've found some black paper today that was left over from some kid's project and stuck it round the inside of the frame. Should keep stray light out and the non-sticky sticky stuff that I used to fasten it on is easy to get off if it doesn't work. I expect the paper to last maybe two or three nights but it will demonstrate the effect of covering in the sides. Maybe get my mum to knit a big sock to slide over it, or check out some black velvet curtains.

Captain Chaos

Archived