Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder in October

Over 50 pitches have now been booked for the Kielder Forest Star Camp, which takes place over five nights from 18 to 22 October in the heart of the remote Border region. The event is being staged by Sunderland AS and the Forestry Commission at the Kielder Campsite, Northumberland.

We will be announcing the full line-up of speakers shortly, with talks scheduled for Friday and on the main day, 21 October, at nearby Kielder Castle. There will also be a good number of trade stands and we’ll be updating star campers on the Kielder Observatory project, which last month received planning permission. Hopefully work on the structure, costing in excess of £125,000, will be underway on the fells overlooking the village.

To reserve pitches on the campsite call the Forestry Commission, who are handling bookings, on 01434 220242, or go to www.richarddarn.demon.co.uk/starcamp and use the booking form. There’s also a review of the spring event held earlier this year. Any general question, please drop me a line at starcamp2006@richarddarn.demon.co.uk

Clear skies,

Richard Darn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a member of the Renfrewshire Astronomical Society. (based in Paisley)

So you have just expanded your range of Scottish astronomers.

Lets make a point of meeting up at Kielder if we don't get a chance to do it before then.

:shock:

Hi all, I'm comming from the Midlands to Keilder leaving at 3pm on the Friday

As its my 1st time up at Kielder I'm worried about my car lights causing a problem

as I arrive at about 8pm. I've got a 3 second temporary to use on the night, so I shouldn't

need more than a red light.

How strict are they at kielder about lights?

Jase

PS if there is anyone else comming from the midlands leave a message

:D

They send someone to guide you in with red lights so its no probs. :D

Lo Jase

That someone will be me. There isn't normally a problem that early on in the evening. When You leave the main road and head down the track you will come to a barrier I will meet you there and guide you down onto the site :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived