NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Perseus Double Cluster

Starflyer

I managed to dodge the clouds for some of the time last night but didn't manage to get that much done. Banks of cloud coming over kept messing with the guiding and it was blowing a gale a lot of the time.

I managed to get a bit of time on the Double Cluster and here's the result. 12 x 300s with 12 darks, flats and bias, stacked in DSS, curves and levels in CS3 and diffraction spikes added with Noel's actions.

starflyer-albums-starflyer-s-dso-album-picture3149-double-cluster-24th-october-2009.jpg

Mighty fine work Ian. It is such a photogenic object, and has drawn a lot of attention This time around.;)

The Images of the h&x pair, are so flipping good nowadays. I wonder if a competition would work.

I know it would be a tester, simply because there is so little to choose amongst them all. Might be worth a Monthly Comp. Using different categories throughout the year.

Ron.:(

Very, very nice Ian. Loads of detail and the colours are beutiful. As for the diffraction spikes, I personally like them! I will be making a wee diff. spike widget for the front of my ed80.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Gary

Archived