Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi From Leicester

brantuk

Hi Folks

I visited the stargazers lounge at Kelling this autumn and was very impressed with the way you guys got organised. My friend (also from Leicester Astro Soc) was too - he couldn't stop talking about you lol. So figured I would join up and hope to gain some valuable advice on my first forays into imaging with an off axis guider.

Wanted to kick off with selling some gear but the For Sale section told me I don't have permissions to open a thread - can anyone help?

My gear is: CPC-800 XLT and Skywatcher 12" Flextube Auto (plus Nextimage and an SPC 900NC (mod'd for LE).

When people ask I tell them "I'm working my way up to being an amateur astronomer" lol

Wow - nice group - thanks for all the welcome messages everyone !!

Well last night me and the missus went to the National Space Center for a Moon Watch in aid of IYA.

There was a good show from the public - around 50 or so turned up - and we got to answer lots of questions about astronomy and telescopes. I demo'd two scopes (6" newt and 12" dob) and her indoors demo'd the SkyScout I got her for her birthday. She was belle of the ball lol - it's a great piece of kit for getting the public into astronomy and can be mounted on virtually anything as a finder too.

Weather was iffy but we did manage to get outside for a short while and show views of moon, jupiter, double cluster, etc to the public. They also had a "Night Sky Tour" in the 360 degree planetarium - all in all a fun night.

I've got some free time coming up before Xmas and hope to spend several nights getting going with my LE mod'd webcam - no doubt I'll be asking for lots of advice and hopefully post some first attempts on here.

Hopefully we'll bump into some of you at Kelling come the spring equinox and thanks again for the warm welcome ;))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived