Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from the west

oldguysrule

Hello all,

I am new to this community, a recent returnee to astronomy. 20 years ago I was avidly involved and financially restrained, so I observed modestly and enjoyed and it was great. Then kids and work and other activities and no time to observe.

Well, several months back I decided to make time again for something I enjoyed - astronomy. While the skies haven't changed, boy everything else has. Imaging is amazing, dobs are BIG, and access to others through the web (like this) is wonderful.

So, after lurking around the site for a few months, I have registered and am eager to tap into your collective inteligence and share what I can to assist others.

Pat

I live in the suburbs of Sacramento, so most nights are light poluted. I have a small place in the far north of the state that is well suited as a dark sky site. so while most nights are ok, once or twice a month I get away for a weekend with some great seeing.

Archived