Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Summer triangle from Kelling Heath

Hi,

Summer triangle with a few familiar friends: Dephinus, Sagitta and the Coat hanger. M39 in Cygnus just visible and the Milky beginning to show.

Managed to stack 9 frames of 30s in DSS. Taken with Canon 1000D on tripod at 18mm, F4.5, ISO 800.

What is the best way to upload picture files on SGL to maintain the resolution from DSS? I save DSS output to 16 bit TIF, process in paint.net then convert to jpeg and upload, but there seems to be some loss of quality as my 11.2MB file is reduced to 114KB.

Alan

post-15994-133877403057_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You've done really well there Alan. There's so much more of the Milky Way showing. Great work and it's wonderful to see how you are developing as you learn more about processing :) looking forward to some more images from you in the future ;)

I've heard GIMP being used for processing though I couldn't comment on its effectiveness as I'm not an imager. Hopefully someone will be along who knows what they are on about :)

Archived