Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Lancashire

Betelguese

Hi everyone, this is a great site!

I love the night sky, ever since I was a kid I have always been fascinated by the Universe. The Milky Way at a dark sight is awe inspiring. I remember the first time I ever glimpsed Saturn, it was through a very small telescope and couldn't believe my eyes that I could actually see the rings.

There's just something about seeing a galaxy through a telescope, it isn't like a glossy Hubble photo in a book, but you are seeing it "live", the galaxy's real light is entering your eye after travelling millions of light years...there's just something about that part of it.

Thanks to the web I can now write about the Universe, and make useful content available for amateur astronomers, or anyone interested in space. Have a look at my site astronomycentral.co.uk - The Solar System, Galaxies, The Cosmos, Articles and News I hope you find it useful.

Clear skies...

Great to have you Betelguese, I also remember seeing Saturn in a 60mm refractor out of a window as a teenager and being amazed by the tiny rings when it was in Scorpius. Very informative website. John.

Archived