Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear tonight?

steve_bham

It was clear as a bell when we went out for dinner at 7pm. Came out of the pub at 10 and it is cloudy as anything! Grrr....

And I was so looking forward to playing with my new toy again.....

Was it the same pub? LOL! :)

I did that at exactly the same time too - after sitting in the beer garden at 9:30pm watching Cygnus appear - got home a little while later to cloud....

Lovely and clear here. Drove back from the in-laws with the little chap asking why the moon was 'missing a bit' (bless him). Had a quick look out the window with him at the moon and Jupiter, even got him to use his little Legoland refractor to have a look.

Quick cup of coffee and then........................complete cloud cover! How did that happen? Not a cloud in the sky 5 mins earlier! Grrrrrrrrr!

Well it's clear here, I've just done four hours of pics of M33, and have about 40 mins of useful dark left I think, but I have to admit to having been asleep for most of that time. Last night's session finished at 5.30am, and I then did 12 hrs at work, so it was hard trying to keep my eyes open really. We had visitors and i set up just to demo the kit, and it started clearing so I just let it run. Lucky I guess. The seeing is a LOT steadier than last night too.

Even when all the forecasts declare it cloudy, I still go out and check visually. If it is dry, you are in with a shot!

TJ

Archived