M57 - 16th May

daz

So excited was I at getting my camera back, I just had to give it a whirl - well, a ring!!!

image.jpg

My first effort at M57, there is only 11 frames at 20 seconds - I know I need plenty more, but I had the scope on the decking rather than hard-standing and I was getting fed up of it moving around!!!

Yes Martin, with the newt - 200mm f/5 (and a very dirty mirror!!)

I have the focuser stripped off the frac at the moment for a re-grease and adjustment.

very nice Daz , for the first that is very good mate , and can see the central star as well, so i reckon a goodun that mate, as for longer well yes could pull some deeper detail out from the ring , if anything focus a bit better is all i would say, else a darn good start .

Rog

:D

I have the focuser stripped off the frac at the moment for a re-grease and adjustment.

You do like to fiddle Daz! :D (says he with his super polaris in bits on the lounge floor). Did you have a word with Beacon Hill about a mirror BTW

very nice shot of the Ring Nebula Daz I was seeing it very well about 1 week back tonight or last night did not log anything down

no chance of a repeat though I think most of the country is suffering the bad weather to confound the water boards decissions south of us here :shock: :D

Thanks everyone for the comments :D

Kain - with a reasonable eyepiece, you should be able to make it out OK. Look to the NE after 21:30 to find Vega (nice and bright and twinkly). Below this are two stars, one is below and to the left of the other. Between these two is where you will find it. Follow a diagonal line from one to the other, go slowly and check each FOV. It takes a little practice, but you will a 'star' that you can't focus on. That's M57 :D

MB - Got to fiddle mate! What else can you do in the clouds!!! Oh, not yet spoken to Beacon Hill, no funds, no point!!

(But I AM thinking about saving up for a Revelation 10" dob and putting the OTA on my HEQ5....... :roll: )

Archived