NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Postman to deliver tomorrow

I'll be waiting on the drive to receive my shiny new

Skywatcher 300P Flexitube Autotracking Dob, complete with motorised focuser. :)

I'll be predicting overcast and rainy in the Nottingham area for the next few days :D

I can feel the excitement Andy.

Once you have taken delivery, and fondled it all over,

Get it assembled tuned up, and as soon as you have got it up and running, file some reports with us. We would like to here how it performs.

Hurry up Up Mr Postie.:)

Ron.:D

Thank heavens I have moved away from Hucknall since you have condemned the area for months! Where do you go for a dark site? THe High Peak Trail just north of Wirksworth was pretty good when I lived around there and the White Peak Amateur Observing Group were stationed there as well. A merry bunch, be it said.

Olly

bought a new scope and mount myself on Sunday, i`m in the Sandiacre part of Nottingham (celestron 6 se and cg-5 goto mount) has not stopped raining since and is a heavy mount to cart around, wife sick of it in the kitchen and me going in to see it every 5 minutes, read the manual half a dozen times and is just starting to make sense.

bought a new scope and mount myself on Sunday, i`m in the Sandiacre part of Nottingham (celestron 6 se and cg-5 goto mount) has not stopped raining since and is a heavy mount to cart around, wife sick of it in the kitchen and me going in to see it every 5 minutes, read the manual half a dozen times and is just starting to make sense.

Yes, but it's good to learn new stuff isn't it?! Hope you get some clear skies soon!

Great news on your new scope. Like all "boys" (and some girls) we love the time when postie delivers a whopping great box with something intricate and mechanical inside ! - Hope you enjoy the viewing. I'm having so much fun with mine and it's not as spangly as yours in the tracking dept so goodness knows what a large apperture tracking dob is like.

Looking forward to first light report.

What's your first target going to be Andy ?

Rgds

Steve

We want a nice big detailed report Andy. The Flextube Auto's have been on sale a few months now and there still isn't a single review on the web. Your's will be the first......No pressure like.... :)

Then we want you to order the 149 pound Synscan handset from an Antipodean dealer who are still advertising the scope with it. (makes me think that UK distributor not selling the upgrade is a business marketing decision and not a technical issue) and then review the 40,000 object Goto abilities of the scope too!! :D

Thanks for all the nice comments people.

I'll be sure to write up some kind off review after first light.

Steve, My first hits must include M13,M57,M27 and of course an attempt at the Veil with the UHC & OIII's, but a star test is the first thing to do.

Calibos, I've got the HEQ5 with Skyscan unit, and it works very very well. If the've managed to get an AZ working as well it will be formidable indeed. For the moment though the bank balance is well and truly depleted.

All I need now is some nice skies, and a local power cut!

I'll be in touch!

Archived