Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NOOB from Melton Mowbray (any1 close to me write here pleez =])

DAVPPK

Hey guys, im a noob from melton and have a 10" OO reflector, and I am looking for EPs and people close to me!!.

Hello to all, and I hope I can join you in our exploration of the celestial spere!!

PS im 14 =]

Hi and welcome to SGL.

There's loads of helpful advice and tips here, just have a good browse through and if there is anything you are stuck on just post a question.

You have a great scope which will enable you to see alot of objects.

Have fun.

Welcome to SGL, Dave!

Is Melton Mowbray anywhere near Milton Keynes? I've only lived in the UK for 6 years, and my geography is still hazy on some towns. For some reason I associate Melton with Milton Keynes. Ah - I've just realised maybe it's Melton/Milton confusion.

BTW - You're SO lucky. I'm sure many members here will be envious of your telescope. How many lawns did you have to mow to save up for that?

Dana

Welcome to SGL from me too Dave, i'd try a visit to your local club,

there's bound to be someone local to you there :) if you check out the clubs section at sky at night magazine it gives contact details for the club.

Phillip

Leicester Astronomical Society

2nd and 4th tuesday of the month

Venue: Leicester space centre

Hmm eccles and dundee for the cakes, kendall for the mint cake, bournville for chocolate, linconshire and cumberland for the sausage, pontefract for the liquorice, now i'm feeling hungry and it's not tea time yet :)

BTW - You're SO lucky. I'm sure many members here will be envious of your telescope. How many lawns did you have to mow to save up for that?]

None lol , my parents gave the money and I owe them various favours to do during the summer :)

Hi Dave and welcomg to SGL. did you know there used to be on the countries finest 2nd hand record shops (record ? what's a record ?) in Melton Mowbray and I've been there often hunting for pieces of black plastic. Sadly, now gone :)

As mentioned with a 10" scope, you're going to have some great observing.

Archived