Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st light from thr AP1200

RobH

Hello all,

Last night was clear all night down here, and so I finally managed to get my polar alignment pretty close to nailed.

On Saturday all the bits I had been waiting for arrived, and in the evening I did a 2 star align, spending a couple of hours going back and forth and reducing the errors with each pass. On Monday I used a combination of WCS and drift aligning to get my Alt axis done, and yesterday I worked on RA, finished off Alt, and then did several runs using Polealignmax to fine tune everything.

After playing with guide settings for a while, I shots a few subs...5 mins unguided, 600 secs and 1000 secs guided. I messed with settings in PHD during these, and then decided to shoot another while I went in for a sandwich.

So...my longest sub ever, a familiar target to begin with.....

1 x 30 minute Ha sub, just run through fits liberator with no levels, curves, flats, darks or bias applied ....pretty pleased with this, it bodes well for things to come :)

post-14403-133877380722_thumb.jpg

The future looks very good then Rob. If you wish to exploit the 1200 to the full, you might have to consider retirement.

That is a serious bit of kit, and I bet you feel as happy as Nelson with two tails.:):D.

Ron.:headbang:

Yep Ron, chuffed to bits....I really struggled with the CGE...not the fault of the mount really, I was asking a lot from it, but it got a bit tiresome in the end. I was going to shoot a 1 hour sub, just to see if I could, but the sun decided to start coming up!

Cheers

Rob

Hey Rob - I'm no imager but that looks sweet.

One of these days (perhaps at Salisbury ?) I'm going to learn what all these "imaging terms" mean - [subs, binned, etc etc...] I'm sure I can guess, but I'd like to watch someone create an image and see how it's all done.

Good image - very crisp to my eyes.

Archived