Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi!

blueian

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new round here! :cool:

Always been intersted in space but only recently got my first (and fairly basic) telescope. Have been amazed at my very small view of Saturn :cool:and astounded by the view of the Moon! :icon_salut:

Ian from Londonderry, Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad i've found a place now that i can torture everyone with more knowledge than me (which is probably everyone!). :cool:

As i said, just starting out, bought 'turn left at orion' and a couple of other books that so far seem to really help. Looking forward to seeing Jupiter later on in the month if saturn is anything to go by it'll be great! :icon_salut:

Ian.

Welcome to the SGL Forum Ian. Which Scope did you get?

Don't hold back asking questions, we are all very eager to help when we can. Just ask away.

Enjoy your stay with us.

Ron.:icon_salut:

Welcome to the SGL Forum Ian. Which Scope did you get?

Don't hold back asking questions, we are all very eager to help when we can. Just ask away.

Enjoy your stay with us.

Ron.:icon_salut:

I got a 76mm Newtonian which i have affectionatly named ' sir isaac'!:headbang::D

I got something cheap and cheerful to see if i would be interested (which i am) so i'll upgrade when i get the dosh together!:cool:

Welcome, Ian - but hey, 'Sir Isaac' is the name of our twenty inch Dob! I'll let you off cos you're obviously as witty and tasteful as I am... (Unlucky both, eh?)

You'll enjoy this forum, I'm sure.

Olly

Welcome to SGL Ian. If you have any questions regarding taking pictures with your telescope, then feel free to ask as many as you like, and be sure to head down to the Imaging section of the board to take a peek at what others are up to!

Cheers

TJ

Hi Ian and welcome,

it was nice and clear at 2 this morning as i walked the dog so hope you had a look around.

regards ron.s.g

It's a lovely evening here tonight so hopefully i'll get the scope out and check out some stuff! :icon_salut:

Archived