Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WIll the weather let me finish this one - Cygnus Mosaic - first 3 panes

Psychobilly

I'll never reach the levels of Dennis's image but this is my take on a Cygnus Mosaic.

I'm only managing 3 panes per night with each pane being 12x240s ISO 800 with the 1000D on the Megrez72 FF III Hutech IDAS P2 combo.

The Individual panes were stacked in DSS with bias and skyflats taken this morning they were then register calibrated and combined in Registar before basic processing in CS3

Detailed processing will wait until the finished mosaic has been assembled...

The image so far starts with the Crescent Nebula centered in its frame and move up towards Sadr and its associated Nebulae.

Next I am going to try and join up with the North America and Pelican Nebulae as this will form the spine of the image which will then hopefully grow around it weather and luna permitting...

Mosaic_pt1_wip_hs.jpg

Peter...

Needs to be viewed at a larger scale... so ....

Picasa Web Albums - Psycho Billy - AK... - Cygnus Mosaic Eighth Size

Picasa Web Albums - Psycho Billy - AK... - Cygnus Mosaic Quater Size

Picasa Web Albums - Psycho Billy - AK... - Cygnus Mosaic Half Full Size

I like that Peter. Im in the process of imaging the Crescent last night and hopefully tonight at your image really puts it into context of the surrounding area and nebulosity.

Great stuff, looking forward to the next installment:)

Philj

Thanks Amanda,

Just finished "planning" the next 11 panes in The Sky6 there's going to be a bit of curvature in the spine to get me to Na and Pelican (5 panes) with them beign usefully placed in the FOV in their own right then I have to work out waht additionall fillers are needed (6 panes at the moment)

Peter...

The spinal problem is with the image Amanda... to get the intersting bits centerd in the FOV of thier respective "panes" so they could be used as standalone images as well , I couldnt staight line between The Crescent and NA nebs... Couple of boring ones coming up tonight just loads of stars and some diffuse nebulosity but they need to be done...

Imaging does mean that you don't have to be a contortionist... i might even us the DMK for alignment tonight save getting the steps out... and theres nothign interesting to image with the 8" anyway so I might use the 350D with the 50mm piggybacked for some real wide field shots... sounds like a plan that...

Better go and swap the cams over then....

Peter...

Oh the hosepipe was to put the fire out... time for a change of sig....

Cheers TJ got anothe 4 panes for the spine this morning so have bridged the gap through to the NA Pelican... Need to add another one either end and the spine will be complete ready for adding some meat either side...

A DSS and Registar session later this morning but thats after a few hours ugly....

Peter...

Archived