Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro Physics 178 Apo Refractor F9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought i would post a couple of images of the AP 178 Jamie's latest bid £15

:cool: He tends to over-bid a bit in my experience.

Let's be reasonable - £9.99.

It's a bl**dy beauty, Tom - sure you're going to dig it.

Andrew

Hey! you be careful Amanda doesn't read that mate, or you're in deep dung.:cool:

Ron.:o

I consider myself in the dung then Ron :)

Tom, I guess your daughter takes after your wife then :):D:D

Cheers

Rob

Truly superb scope Tom :)

I've drooled over other folks AP scopes for too long - a 6" Starfire is the biggest I've seen "in the flesh" - the views through a 7 must be absolutely wonderful :cool:

Can't be many of those on this side of the pond.

Congrats,

John

John How's my little ED 102SS going on that was a great little refractor that i regret getting rid of

It's doing just fine thanks Tom :icon_salut:

I took it to the SGL4 Star Party and we had some great views through it.

It's sat on a Vixen Portamount at the moment which suits it and me well for "grab and go" observing, I've also managed to find an original vintage Vixen 6x30 finder and Vixen RDF to match so it's a really neat outfit.

I've always been impressed with it's colour correction for an F/6.5 doublet - don't know what glass the lens uses and I don't care - it does it's job really well. :cool:

Cheers,

John

Many thanks for the comments everyone, Mike we have been through a few changes between us mate but it's been fun along the way ,John i think i looked into it it was FPL 51 i think mate just the same as my 6" Vixen ED Refractor I also recall that the bench test showed a very good lens it was checked at orion optics by John

Jamie's never paid 15 quid for anything in his life!!!

If this is the same scope that was at Kielder (I can't keep track of Tom's gear) then the views are indeed awesome!!

Hi Tom

You seem to change 'scopes more often than I change my undies! I'm still using the C9.25 I bought from you a couple of years ago. Great 'scope by the way. Still, I do fancy a big aperture 'frac and that AP looks just the ticket. Hmm, I'll need to look at SWMBO's life assurance :icon_salut:

No mate i sold that one to a guy not to far away from me that was the APM 130 Quadroplet super apo a very nice scope indeed the AP is well superb in fact it's stunning

Ah ok. You're not planning on cutting this one down then?

:icon_salut:

Archived