Old USB 2 Guide Cams under Win 11 - any fixes?

Hi all

Anyone know if there's a quick and easy fix for old usb 2 guide cams to run under Win 11? E.g. qhy5lii-m and/or Altair GPCam 1. Both work fine under good old Win 10 but there is obviously a problem with drivers under Win 11.  I've done a search online but couldn't find anything definite. There was one suggestion for the Intel Management Engine to not allow the power to be cut to the devices, but made no difference and might probably only come into affect if the usb power is at risk of shutting off anyway. 

Hoping someone knows of a simple fix! I have other more recent cameras that work ok under Win 11 but just not these two old usb ones which I'd like to use one of.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Louise

Have you tried running the program you want to use those old cameras with in compatibility mode. Right click on the program icon and click on Properties\Combatibitity mode. Select what Windows version you want it to run under and click OK. It should run in that mode every time you run the program via that icon.

If the drivers won't install you could try running the driver install program in Combatibility mode too.

This method doesn't always work but may be worth a try. 🙂

Alan