NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Design and Print Custom Vixen Dovetails, Bahtinov and Tri-Bahtinov Masks, and Diffraction Masks!

Posted (edited)

🚀 New 3D Print Generators Available! 🚀

I'm excited to share three new tools to enhance your 3D printing experience:

🔧 Vixen Dovetail Generator: Easily design and customize Vixen dovetail mounts for your telescopes. Check it out here: https://makerworld.com/en/models/527062

🔧 Bahtinov Mask Generator: Perfect your astrophotography focus with custom Bahtinov masks. Explore the generator here: https://makerworld.com/en/models/524256#profileId-441345

🔧 Diffraction Mask Generator: Create precise diffraction masks for various optical experiments. Discover more here: https://makerworld.com/en/models/525952

Tri Bahtinov Mask Generator: Perfect your astrophotography focus and collimation with custom Bahtinov masks. Explore the generator here: https://makerworld.com/en/models/529167

Please if you like my work, consider liking and downloading! For you is just a click!

thanks

These tools are designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable, catering to both beginners and advanced users. Download the STL files and start printing your tailored designs today!

Happy printing! 🌟

photo_5780692558266093597_y.jpg

photo_5967775209056486030_y.jpg

photo_5967775209056486029_y.jpg

Edited by Astro3dprintgeek
Added a diffraction masks generator and vixen dovetail, but also a tri bahtinov mask generator
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

That made not an iota of difference to whether the link would work…🤔

If you searched for "bahtinov mask" in makerworld you only get bahtinov masks. If you search for "bathinov mask" instead you get Bathinov Mask Generator, for every telescope! by Astro3dprintgeek - MakerWorld . Check the spelling in the thread title.

I took the easy route :- typed "maker" into my browser url space which brought up my much visited makerworld pages and then it was but a moment to copy/paste the en/model/5 etc to it 

24 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

an iota 

it's all greek to me :) 

• Like 1

• Astro3dprintgeek changed the title to My free Bahtinov mask generator for 3d Printing
Posted (edited)

P.S. For those of you who enjoy adding some artistic flair to your astrophotography, I've also created a Diffraction Spike Generator. It allows you to create custom spike patterns for your telescope, adding that extra sparkle to bright stars in your images. If there's interest, I'd be happy to share more details about this tool as well!

Link: https://makerworld.com/en/models/525952

Screenshot 2024-07-05 145820.png

photo_5967775209056486029_y.jpg

photo_5967775209056486026_y.jpg

Edited by Astro3dprintgeek
  • Like 1

• Astro3dprintgeek changed the title to Design and Print Custom Vixen Dovetails, Bahtinov Masks, and Diffraction Masks!

Have you come across a generator for creating hobby boxes with lids?  I find it difficult using tinkercad to get bevelled/rounded edges without creating & aligning  'inverse objects' to 'trim' the corners/edges?

2 hours ago, Astro3dprintgeek said:

What do you mean for "Hobby boxes"? sorry, English is not my mother tongue! if you have a picture, I could try coding one!

This is a simple example, possibly easy for those used to CAD programs but a pain to do in Tinkercad. This is a random one off the internet not one of mine.

hobbybox.jpg.5396487c2546f4432453d00a330a518c.jpg

4 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

tinkercad

Use Autodesk Fusion 360, I've done all sorts of complex forms which have fit perfectly after first print, such an easy cad program to use.

54 minutes ago, Elp said:

Use Autodesk Fusion 360, I've done all sorts of complex forms which have fit perfectly after first print, such an easy cad program to use.

I'll have a look to see if a novice like me can use it.

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

I'll have a look to see if a novice like me can use it.

It really is easy, if you've ever done proper 3D modelling taking care of your topology lines, fusion is like child's play.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Elp said:

It really is easy, if you've ever done proper 3D modelling taking care of your topology lines, fusion is like child's play.

x 2 for Fusion - there's also plenty of support tutorials on YouTube. Another bonus is that Paul Gerlach (sgl member) has made available a Fusion 360 add-on for astro threads such as M42 etc - useful for extension tubes and adapters. 

Jim

• Thanks 1

They make available a free version for personal use. It has a few limitations over the paid for version - I think for example you are limited to store 10 working models at any one time as editable files. Easy enough to delete to free up space though. 

Jim

• Like 1