Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Total Solar Eclipse Cruise 2026

Hi all, just over 2yrs away is a relatively close to travel to, Total Solar Eclipse. I was looking at tours to observe this having originally booked with Astro Tours but cancelled due to probable cost. 

I've since found Cunard will be doing a cruise to observe this eclipse at a reasonable price for a weeks cruise. 

Sounds good to me, I nice cruise including the eclipse, very civilised, lol. 

Just thought other's might be interested. I've no association with Cunard so I won't get rich by highlighting the above, 😂 

Screenshot_20240405_144404.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I certainly like your style, Nigella 👍🏻😊

I might have to dig out my observing dinner suit for the occasion 🤔

And why not do it in style if you're going to watch an eclipse Jeremy. Makes perfect sense to me 😂 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Hi all, just over 2yrs away is a relatively close to travel to, Total Solar Eclipse. I was looking at tours to observe this having originally booked with Astro Tours but cancelled due to probable cost. 

I've since found Cunard will be doing a cruise to observe this eclipse at a reasonable price for a weeks cruise. 

Sounds good to me, I nice cruise including the eclipse, very civilised, lol. 

Just thought other's might be interested. I've no association with Cunard so I won't get rich by highlighting the above, 😂 

Screenshot_20240405_144404.jpg

Not as expensive as I thought! For the one I looked at you will be in Reykjavik for the eclipse, so greater scope  to travel somewhere with clear skies (although such a thing is even rarer in Iceland that it is in the UK).

The cruise will probably cost less than one night's accommodation in Iceland during the eclipse!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

Not as expensive as I thought! For the one I looked at you will be in Reykjavik for the eclipse, so greater scope  to travel somewhere with clear skies (although such a thing is even rarer in Iceland that it is in the UK).

The cruise will probably cost less than one night's accommodation in Iceland during the eclipse!

The one I'm thinking about is from Northern Spain. It's not that expensive for sure. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant
More comment added

This has been on my radar for at least two years now.

I am throwing a sleeping bag and mat in the work van. Two boxes containing cooking equipment and noodles, lots of.

Some photo kit as yet undecided and finding a remote place in northern Spain to experience totality.

Marv

• Like 3