Nakedgun

On 17/03/2024 at 10:12, carastro said:

Crikey, the OP has gine through a few.  

l have sold:  

C7

~

What scope is this?

On 17/03/2024 at 14:07, Stu said:

Apart from the first three, these are in no particular order. Plenty of repeats in there, and a couple of scopes I have re-bought again after selling them and regretting it. It’s an illness, clearly 🤪

Celestron C150HD

Orion Optics OMC200

Astrotech 106mm f6.5

William Optics ZS SD66

Televue 76

Televue 85

Televue Genesis

Televue Genesis

120ED

120ED

120ED

Orion Optics VX12L

Orion Optics VX12L

Orion Optics VX12 f6

Orion Optics VX10L

(To be honest, it may have been two 10” and two 12”, I can’t remember!)

Burgess Optics 90mm

Stellarvue 80ED

Vixen 80mm f11.3

Vixen 80mm f11.3

Tak FS-60C

Tak FC-76DC

Tak Sky 90

TAL 100r

TAL 100RS

Sumerian Canopus 16”

Sumerian Alkaid 14”

TS 72mm f5.9

PST 40

Vixen 150mm f9

ST80

Carton 60mm f16.7

Tak Mewlon 210

Orion Optics 6” f11

Celestron C8 Edge

Celestron C925

Zeiss Telementor

Vixen FL102S

Heritage 130p

Heritage 150p

APM LZOS 130 f6

Orion Optics OMC140

Orion Optics OMC140

Intes 7” Mak

ST150

Celestron C65

~

"The Undefeated Heavyweight Champion of the World" (thus far).

CPC1100

8” LX200

C8

C6

C4.5

150 SW Mak

Orion Eon 115

Starmasted 10” dob

Lunt 60TT

Coronado PST

TSA102

Astroscan

12” lightbridge

i know there are others going back 30 years but my memory fails me.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 2

Here is my list to date also added mounts & other bits have i spent a small fortune on & sold for peanuts. 

Tasco 130 refractor & wobbly mount , not very good but got me hooked with views of Jupiter.

Meade ETX105 loved it & goto mount just too small.

200mm ex display newt can't remenber make, nice scope on a terrible manual mount

Meade 8" LX200R /ACF GPS What a mount 20 years ago just point it north & turn it on always aligned on a two star & with nice 8" SCT would have it back if only.

Meade DSI & DSI PRO & PRO-II over the years nice little CCD camera's not too dear nice way to start imaging

William Optics Megrez 72ED Lovely scope mounted on the above Meade for a while.

Skywatcher 150PDS not used much on a Meade LX80 dual mount with the Megrez 72ED

Canon 2000D still sat in the box hardly used must sell it

Skywatcher Quattro 250P hardly used (for sale now in classified) & broken the LX80 Mount

So got a Skywatcher EQ6-R-Pro mount hated it used with a handset(still own)

Skywatcher 72ED Pro light little scope on  grab n go Skywatcher AZ-GTI mount

ZWO 533MC Pro colour camera with 120 mini mono &  ZWO mini guide scope(still own)

ZWO ASIAIR Plus 256Gb Wow one of my best buys to date now EQ6-R Pro with plate solving a dream to use with above cameras(still own)

Current scope Askar 103 APO Triplet with 0.80 reducer/flattner love it so well built & getting images now i never thought possible.

Duncan

Edited by Dunk
Typo
  • Like 2

And I thought it meant used but not owned! :D

You lot are single-handedly keeping the second hand market alive and kicking.

As I haven't sold any, I'll answer my own question.

We use 5 in school, only two are mine. 😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll include some comments. I realise the likes of Stu would not be able to do that as it would exceed the amount of characters a web page can handle, LOL!

Celestron 8" Newtonian
Our first "serious" scope after getting hooked on a cheap telescope from Jessops. Sold because I think we caught aperture fever. It was probably pretty good, optically.

Celestron C6
Sold to the guy in the burger van at SGL star parties! This to us was a cracking little scope, and we would have kept it if we didn't get an Edge 8, which is still quite a practical scope, and has a bit of a refractor feel to it (though I guess the frac fraternity will disagree!). But those C6's are little gems.

Skywatcher 12 inch solid tube dob
The one I miss the most. Very low hassle, decent optics. Better than my GSO 10 inch dob, alas. How I wish I could swap them over.

Skywatcher 12 inch FlexTube dob
I think this one gave my my best ever view of Jupiter, at the Kelling Heath star party. It was gobsmacking. As in, I think if Damien Peach had been observing, he'd have said "Bloody hell!" So perhaps this one had a decent mirror. Mind you, I've been happy with the optics in all our Skywatcher scopes. Sold, I think, because we got a 16 inch FlexTube, and a GSO 10 inch solid tube.

Celestron C11
I had hopes of imaging galaxies with this, but I stubbornly tried to go the DSL mod route. With hindsight, I should have gone for a CCD. I did find it a bit of a heft to get it up onto the mount. And it was a bit of a pain setting it up to do off-axis guiding. If I ever return to attempting DSO imaging, I will make sure I have an obsy first! If I still had the C11, it would tempt me to get back into lunar imaging. Though that said, I just don't think our patch of sky is stable enough for close-up lunar imaging. We're surrounded by rooftops, which I am blaming things on, but perhaps it's user error. I think getting the Edge 8 was partly why we sold the C11, as well as the weight and giving up on DSO imaging (I switched to solar instead). But yeah, those C11's can sing on planets and the moon, so I kinda miss it a little bit, though never got close to what a C11 can do with my efforts.

Skywatcher 16 inch FlexTube Goto dob
Reluctantly sold, as I was finding it a bit too heavy to handle, and feared I'd injure myself lugging it around. We put the money into a newer passion: board gaming. I think the optics were probably a bit better in the other SW dobs we had, but we were happy with it. We're hopefully getting a tidy windfall soon (touch wood), so we are mulling over how to finally replace the 400P. Our current largest scope is a 10 inch GSO, which I was reminded the other week is still a pretty powerful telescope, though for me, the optics on all my SW scopes were a bit better than on the GSO. And that's the blooming one I've kept! Though I do much prefer the mechanics on the GSO.

SolarMax 60 x2

We had a his and hers, LOL! Sold because we got a few Quark filters and could use them in various fracs, which was ace. Unfortunately, I ran into several issues with the Quarks, and wish I'd kept at least one of the SolarMax 60s now. Sarah's Quark was okay, but that seems to have degraded terribly, it's gone all misty, and large areas of the view are now pants. I can't sell my or Sarah's Quark, neither are up to scratch for me, so it partly feels like some money has gone down the toilet. It's tempting to get a Lunt with our windfall that might be coming soon, but double stacking is so expensive! Part of me wants to never buy a Quark again (I've tried a few), but part of me is tempted to get back into solar imaging, and the other options are rather pricey. A Solar Spectrum, maybe? A Lunt 50? A Quark, surely not?!

Edited by LukeTheNuke
  • Like 1