NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope you'd like in your collection within budget.

2 hours ago, dweller25 said:

Please don’t be confused, we are just trying to spend other people’s money irrespective of any budget 🙂👍 

I thought "Helping spend other people's money" was the forum tagline 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 19/06/2024 at 19:22, RT65CB-SWL said:

Would that be the C6/SCT?

post-4682-0-35025000-1347104185_thumb.jpg

Image above of my C6/SCT and TeleVue Ranger mounted on a Tele-Optic Giro GR-DX.

Have I tempted you? 😉

Far too much....my wallet is whimpering!

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 22:46, Stephenstargazer said:

Someone else has the telescope you dream of, and another person (somewhere) desires the telsscope you have. Whatever scope you get this will always be so. 

Think Hubble before James Webb arrived.........

@Stephenstargazer Hi Stephen. Yes very wise words there, and very true!

Another example is I sometimes wish I lived in a huge fancy home with fancy cars etc, but then I remind myself, that my tiny flat, would be a dream come true home for someone living in the slums of India! I think it's human nature to never be completely satisfied with what we already have? Or maybe we oftentimes forget just how much more fortunate we are than many other millions of people!?

Edited by wesdon1

On 29/03/2024 at 09:24, mikeDnight said:

As we're dreaming, I'd love to have my FS152 gifted back please! When I foolishly let it go it was mounted on a Losmandy G11 and not the EQ6 in the pic, but even the tube assembly alone would be a dream come true. Sadly, dreams like this don't come true! 😔

DSC_0483a.jpg.f2ade1303846ca5f4a6a5851bd462466.thumb.jpg.148aeb5b6aba93843f9d7a04fcd3dfbc.jpg

My 128 seems like a monster, I can’t imagine a 152! i think a scope that big would be just plain work to use, unless it was permanently mounted in an observatory.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 19:55, Mandy D said:

Right now, mine would be a Skywatcher 190MN.

Excellent choice. There’s actually one for sale on this site, I believe. If I had the mount for it, I wouldn’t mind a dual scope setup with two 19MNs. What I would like even more is to have an Intes Micro to compare.